Thursday 20 February 2014

SharePoint Application Pool Keeps Stopping

After restarting the virtual machine which hosts our dev server, I am keep recieving this error:
image

looking at the IIS application pools, it seems that the same web application pool is stopped and when I start it, as soon as I refresh the page, it stops again.
there might be other reasons for this issue, but in my case, the application pool identity account is my own domain account. I changed the password about 10 days ago, and looks like restarting the VM, caused this error.
it all solved as soon as I changed the password.
go to the application pool Advanced Setting page, click on Identity and use the same account with the new password.

then start the application pool again and it all works fine.

source: http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc263454(v=office.12).aspx

No comments:

Post a Comment